Eating “cleanse-approved” foods on your 7-day cleanse doesn’t need to be boring. Try this easy, delicious, and healthy stir-fry recipe to keep you on track!
Kickin’ Veggie Stir-FryCourse: Main Course, Side DishCuisine: Thai Food, Cleanse-Friendly
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp chicken stock
2 tbsp coconut aminos
3 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 to ½ tsp dried chili flakes
1 tsp arrowroot powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated ginger
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried chili flakes
1 onion, sliced thin
1 cup carrots, sliced thin
2 cups broccoli, chopped
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and green onions, chopped
Serve on top of cauliflower rice (if desired)
- Combine all “Sauce” ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Taste-test the sauce, keeping in mind that the first taste should be spicy-salty, followed by sweet and finally the rich taste of the coconut milk. Adjust these flavors to suit your taste, adding more lime juice if too sweet or salty (note: it will be less salty when combined with the stir-fry).
- Heat coconut oil in a wok or large pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and dried chili flakes; lightly sauté for 1 minute. Add onion, carrots, and 1/4 of the stir-fry sauce; lightly sauté for 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables plus stir-fry sauce; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Remove the pan from heat and do one last taste-test. If not salty enough, add a little more coconut aminos. If too salty or sweet, add another squeeze of lime juice. Add more orange juice or chili if desired.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice (if desired). Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and green onions. ENJOY!
- *If you are on a Candida Program, fruit should not be consumed.